Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Scracth building Pro Street Interior

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    May 2008
Scracth building Pro Street Interior
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, July 22, 2005 9:46 PM
Im doing a 64 pickup with a engine from amt's gravedigger kit. so im having trouble makeing the thing in the middle (ooo I cant rember what its called)) i was wondering how you other pro mod modelers do it
  • Member since
    February 2005
  • From: RIGHT HERE, where 'er you?
Posted by koda360 on Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:44 AM
If your talking about the trany hump or tunnel, it could be rolled from .010" plastic. Or you could graft one in from another kit's interior bucket. One other thing, they don't have to be round, it could be a squared off piece.

Hope this helps.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" James Dean
  • Member since
    May 2008
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, July 23, 2005 3:23 PM
I tried to do it out of styrene sheet but gave up. So I found some .008" tin sheet. You can form it over anything thing and it will keep its shape. Its much easier to "tweak" and you can solder it very easily with flux or anything.
  • Member since
    August 2004
Posted by 7055 on Monday, July 25, 2005 12:15 PM
You mean the console with the shifter and all that? Or the transmission hump thats under that? or both?
  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: Watertown ny
Posted by gratch73a on Wednesday, August 3, 2005 3:04 PM
Sounds to me like he's talking about what i call the transmission tunnel, or the hump in the floor pan the houses the tranny.


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our privacy policy