Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Spray gun water trap & air filter advice needed

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    February, 2018
Spray gun water trap & air filter advice needed
Posted by lacquer-lover on Monday, March 05, 2018 2:04 PM

Hey everyone I am looking for a air filter water trap and possibly pressure regularregulator all-in-one unit for my iwata eclipse RG3. Amazon appears to be replete with cheap Chinese junk and trying to find a quality unit is a daunting task indeed so if anyone has experience in this area I would love to hear your opinions. thank you

Current Projects:

AMT 1/25 67 Impala SS

  • Member since
    August, 2005
  • From: Nashua, New Hampshire
Posted by mrmike on Monday, March 05, 2018 5:00 PM

 I would like to suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your compressor and see what they have available that will fit your needs.  I have a cheap water trap/regulator that I got off ebay years ago and it is still running great.  Every year I perform some maintenance just to keep the unit in tip-top running condition.

"That's Spenser with an 'S' like the poet." Robert Urich Spenser For Hire 1985

On my bench-Morgan 4/4; '32 Ford 5-Window Coupe; 1969 Dodge Dart GTS

Classic Plastic Model Club

  • Member since
    December, 2003
  • From: Nova Scotia
Posted by Bainford on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 8:24 AM

I have a regulator/water trap unit marketed by Paasche. I bought it at my LHS about 10-12 years ago for about $45.00 if I recall. It has performed flawlessly ever since.

Power matters in the straights.
Lightness matters everywhere. - Colin Chapman


  • Member since
    November, 2004
  • From: Lubbock, TX
Posted by shadetree on Thursday, March 08, 2018 10:28 AM
Check at Hobby Lobby if you have one near you. Also your local 1/1 automotive paint supply (not a body and paint shop) they should have quality items there.
  • Member since
    July, 2011
Posted by markanthonyw900 on Monday, March 19, 2018 8:05 PM

home depot has a selection of traps and gauges, plus connectors and fittings to rig up whatever you need. I use quick connect n p t adapters and in line filters from various airbrush websites.


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.