It’s not just a few random parts anymore…
The tire for the front wheel came from a Redbird model from the Batman & Robin movie. I’ve decided to use the main parts from the rest of the kit too. Now it’s a case of just playing and tinkering to make it look less toy-like. And hopefully find another personality for it.
The front wheel/brake/fork assembly is done. The front fender shape/details are still not fully determined, but the geometry is set. Some material has been removed from the front of the fender.
More machined aluminum parts for the fork assembly; it is also made to accept a receiver set-up for the handlebars. The caliper is a modified kit part with some additional machined details, as are the bottoms of the forks.
The rear bodywork was treated to a fin I rough cut from aluminum plate and shaped freehand. I included a couple mounting tabs on it and epoxied it into a couple slots that I cut into the top of the fender.
Sheet plastic cut into triangular shapes were used to build up the top sides of the rear fender, a little polyester filler was utilized to smooth and blend it all together. (Guess I should have taken a “before” pic…)
A coat of two-part polyester primer further helped meld it all together.
I still don’t have a set idea of what it is going to be or even what color(s) it will have on it when it is done. I’m just letting it flow into whatever it wants right now. After all, it is just for entertainment, I might as well watch along. But is does seem to want to stay Batman themed at this point, oh well… I did start tinkering with the engine. I’m thinking it needs some aluminum too… - Mark