Register online to
get more from ScaleAutoMag.com!
You’ll have exclusive access to the forums, bonus how-to articles, monthly e-mail
newsletter, and more!
I really think you should have tried a little harder..... I mean all that work, a few hundred more hours and you could have made the brakes actually work! LOL.
Nice, work, love the detail and how you did it. Great photo's, I'm sure a lot of people are enjoying watching the progress.
Thanks for posting this.
I can only hope that by the time I get to a point where I would even attempt something like this that it will turn out half as good. What an incredible amount of work and the detail is superb. You will have to display this model upside down you know
Wow! I'm very impressed with the detail and effort you're putting into this build. This Aston will be stunning when you're done.
Keep up the great work.
Gereral view of everything together.
This photo etched alternator bracket was used to make the connector to the whole assembly with the tube that comes from the lever.
Already in place.
I use THE DETAILER black ink to enhance the grooves in the guitar string.
Plastic squares used to make the brake fluid line on the chassis.
The caliper section.
The connector for the brake master cylinder.
The hardest part to design..the mechanism that action the emergency cables by the handbrake lever. In the red circle section the part intended to replicate.
I started using a guitar string that has the perfect scale look and grooves. Aluminum sheet again to replicate the connectors.
More plastic using to make the other unions...ufff more, and more trying and hard work with so small parts!
All the the components before painting.
The bridge pipe assembly made out of cooper wire and tiny nuts.
I used this picture in order to make the rear emergency system.
Plastic sheets, wire and plastic rod used to make the system..uff..lots of work!
Already in place along with the calipers.
This picture was used to make the three way union for the brake fluid feed.I used plastic rod, cooper wire and nuts.
The parts in place.
In this update I will covering the plumbing of thet brake system under the car.
I started working on a scrathbuild caliper, since the model comes just with a engraved over the plastic disc. I cutted it in order to used it as a template to make new ones from a plastic sheet.
After I discarded the plastic disc, I picked up a Detail Master solid one which I chucked to my Dremel in order to have a better used look.
After I did the Dremel treatment, this how it looks in comparison to an untreated on. Looks more real.
Using a plastic rod, I sliced it to make discs that will simulate the piston housing. Then, I primed them and painted them closely so the paint cover the crack between the caliper and this housing so it can be shown as just one part.
Worked an aluminum sheet to make the caliper
A silver paint base
Finally the silver-gold color
Hey rossa156, this one looks real good. Thanks to all you guys for your kind comments. I've been working real hard this past days on the model. I will add some progress this week, look for it.
I, too, have the '97 release kit. I haven't detailed it that much...just some engine details. It turns into a nice model, even for being ancient. It looks great next to my Ferrari GTOs. Sort of a slice of time in GT racing.