I've been making a little progress on this, but it’s been mostly cleanup. Looking at the reference pictures, it looks like the car (or at least the restored car) had a different looking transmission rear cover. The closest thing I found was the piece out of the AMT Lotus kit. Since I didn’t want to ruin the whole kit over one piece, I cast a copy of it in resin.
I also polished up most of the white metal. This shot shows the polished part next to the unpolished parts.
Added ribs to the vents, per the reference shots. They might be a little oversized, but it’ll work.
Starting to close up the bottom of the nose, so I had to paint the radiator, then mask it off before I glued it in. I added some pull tabs to the masking tape so I can get it off later.
I found this picture of the interior on Facebook, which has a lot of detail, some which differs slightly from the kit. I think adding it will definitely add some interest to the model.
From another pic, I could see that the upholstery had horizontal stitches as well as vertical, so I added some.
This was hard to do because it looked pretty cool, but I removed the side upholstery to go with a more accurate modification.
More to come. Thanks for looking!