Buster Litton´s ´49 "Panoramic Ford"

Want to post a reply to this topic?
Login or register for an acount to join our online community today!

Buster Litton´s ´49 "Panoramic Ford"

  • Here is another Modelhaus resin body that I´m joining with AMT´s ´49 Ford.

    It is Buster Litton´s ´49 Ford called the "Panoramic Ford".

    The project in real life was started up by the Barris Brothers on order from the first owner Allen Andersson. Later while Buster Litton purchased it, it was rebuild and finished by Cernys Paint & Metalshop.

    See the full bioragraphy on this car by Rik Hoving ;

    http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/barris-1/buster_litton_49_ford-1/

    Also follow this link to his colouring pics on the same Kustom;

    http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/custom_car_graphic_art/rik-hoving-kolorize/1busterlittonrh.html

    Here is some pics on the progres;







    Thanks for looking
    Replies to this thread are ordered from "oldest to newest".   To reverse this order, click here.
    To learn about more about sorting options, visit our FAQ page.
  • that will make a great build, can't wait to see it finished, it looks like my chopped top sedan,

    hope you like it.RHF.

    I'M THE BOSS BECAUSE MY WIFE SAID I WAS. SAVE A CHILD FROM TO MUCH T.V. GIVE THEM A MODEL KIT.

    http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Redhotfalcon/

  • Both look sweet. BTW REDHOT.......I think I work with the guy that left the tracks under yours.
    Do it anyway. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Support bacteria--they're the only culture some people have. Steven Wright
  • QUOTE: Originally posted by REDHOTFALCON

    that will make a great build, can't wait to see it finished, it looks like my chopped top sedan,

    hope you like it.RHF.




    This build is stunningly beatiful !

    I just love the stance and the colour.

  • QUOTE: Originally posted by Kruzing

    Here is another Modelhaus resin body that I´m joining with AMT´s ´49 Ford.

    It is Buster Litton´s ´49 Ford called the "Panoramic Ford".

    The project in real life was started up by the Barris Brothers on order from the first owner Allen Andersson. Later while Buster Litton purchased it, it was rebuild and finished by Cernys Paint & Metalshop.

    See the full bioragraphy on this car by Rik Hoving ;

    http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/barris-1/buster_litton_49_ford-1/

    Also follow this link to his colouring pics on the same Kustom;

    http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/custom_car_graphic_art/rik-hoving-kolorize/1busterlittonrh.html

    Here is some pics on the progres;







    Thanks for looking


    This makes me think of an early 51-55 Kaiser. Almost a prototype/custom (without the windshield, backlight and side dip).

    The ' 52 Studebaker headlamp bezels and square front wheel openings clinch it. Amazing the articles don't mention any Kaiser parts on it.

    Great choice of an old custom to replicate! Not your tipical shoebox. The chrome on this car is balanced very well from front to back. And the chop is killer particularly for the time. Very nicely executed in real life and in scale. It's so easy to wreck these cars. Success has definitely been achieved here!
  • The Buster Litton's shoebox is one of my favorite shoebox, and the resin rendition looks very accurate ! TongueI don't think that wonderfull kustom can be compare with the just chopped body from Flintstone ! Disapprove Everything is changed and improved on Litton's one, that's a real great kustom from the golden area of kustomizing !Cool

    Do you plan to duplicate the original interior ?You 'll need miles of evergreen half round to do so ! Big Smile

    Please keep us posted on that koooooooooooool Kar! Wink
    Never too low ! http://public.fotki.com/Zedskustoms/my-models/
  • QUOTE: Originally posted by zedra

    The Buster Litton's shoebox is one of my favorite shoebox, and the resin rendition looks very accurate ! TongueI don't think that wonderfull kustom can be compare with the just chopped body from Flintstone ! Disapprove Everything is changed and improved on Litton's one, that's a real great kustom from the golden area of kustomizing !Cool

    Do you plan to duplicate the original interior ?You 'll need miles of evergreen half round to do so ! Big Smile

    Please keep us posted on that koooooooooooool Kar! Wink


    Yes i will definetely try to duplicate the interior tucn rol.
    At least make it a try.
  • I have finished 80 % off the paint job on this one.

    Here is some pics on the body so far;









    Thanks for looking.
  • Love the paint, Erik! What is it? Sorry if I'm bugging you again.....

    Hans
    Modellpularn - Hans Kihlén "Jeezz, what a night".............. Toad in American Graffiti after the street race http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/Modellpularn/
  • QUOTE: Originally posted by modellpularn

    Love the paint, Erik! What is it? Sorry if I'm bugging you again.....

    Hans


    Hi Hans

    That is alright

    It is a brand called "Car Rep" that I found in my local car spare parts shop.
    They run a full program with silver "ground" and clearcoats aswell. It is easy to work with and I a´m very impressed by the result of the finished work.
    I can´t remember the number on the can, but I can check it out next time I´m in my workshop.
  • Wooooooooooot lead sled!!!
    "People need to stop complaining and go build something."
  • Wow!!! Paint and body look awesome!
  • oooooh i love this one keep it up
  • I have started up on the interior on this one.

    Phew that is a big job.

    Will post pics later.
  • Now this one is finally done.







    See more pics in my Photobucket album.

    Thanx for looking.