SEARCH SCALEAUTOMAG.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

AMT '34 Ford Headlights

566 views
0 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    May 2008
AMT '34 Ford Headlights
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:05 AM
Hi guys
Just trying to finish my AMT '34 Ford Street Rod (5 window) but I have hit a bit of a snag. I cant seem to get the lenses for the headlights to sit right, and the times I have got them close, it has taken a bit of messing around (dry fit of course) which makes me worried that i will make a mess of them if I glue them in.
I am very proud of the rest of the model and am all too aware that even if 99% of a model is spot on, the other 1% really sticks out (especially to the builder!)
I am trying to get it finished to take it to a show next weekend so I am starting to get a little stressed as I am sure you all understand.
Does anyone have any experience or tips for fitting the lenses into the buckets?
There is a small ridge running around the inner edge, but my lenses are too small to sit on this, while on the box art the the lenses look like they sit on this ridge, which seems logical. Now I am fairly sure I have the right lenses so I dont l think that is the problem I have also tried the lenses in the different buckets, I even tried them on a spare bucket from the same kit but got the same problem.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated and I will make sure to get some pics up of the car when its done, I have done some fairly innovative things to it, but its one of the few parts that are original that I am having trouble with!
Thanks in advance
Jiminee
Daily Grind Customs

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

SEARCH FORUMS

FREE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our privacy policy