Well, just as I had the audacious thought that I might be getting good at this scratch building stuff, I noticed that I had a major issue as I test fitted the seat. I mush have measured the distance I needed for the top piece of styrene with the body in the wrong position because it is just a hair short! I think I am going to have to break off the top part of the seat, replace it with a longer piece of styrene, fill the gaps again, and then repaint. Safe to say I am not thrilled about that! On a more positive note however, I did manage to start the center consul. The kit is incorrect here ( surprising isn't it! ), so I decided to make my own and it has gone pretty smoothly so far.
Here is the gap that the top of that back seat makes with the body. I honestly don't know how that happened! Oh well, you live your learn.
Here is the back seat inside the car. As you can see, it fits pretty well from this angle. Not the best scratch building ever but it is the best that I can come up with and I am satisfied. I am only hoping that it will not be noticeable if you take a look at the car as a whole on a display table.
Here is the beginning of the center consul. Not a lot of work done to it yet but it makes a huge difference to accuracy of the interior.
I won't be able to post any progress until this weekend because I will be on vacation. It is going to kill me to leave that seat issue unsolved but I think a break from building for a few days will be a good thing. As always, all comments and such are welcome and thanks for lookin!
Ratbeach Racing pro hillclimbers 18 years old now!
Be reasonable, do it my way.