This is my third try at a Willys, and I was almost ready to chuck the project when I realized that, at final assembly, the flip-forward hood as hinged would not even come close to aligning correctly with the cab. I joined the hood and body into one piece. Now, I just remove the hood/cab section, which is not glued in place, to get a look at the engine. The main color is Tamiya's Mica Red lacquer. The wheels are from my spares box, and the tires are a mix - drag slicks by AMT, and blackwalls, which I applied narrow whitewall decals to, from my spares box. The license plate is a decal from Gofer, and the frame is by Model Car Garage. The taillights are from my spares box.
nice build,, the flip nose corvette is the same way,, glued mine in the "up" position lol
Z3400, the nose and cab are now one piece (not hinged). The hinge was so delicate that it never would have survived even a few uses. So, I tried replacing the hinge with a brass rod - that worked fine, but the alignment was still way off. Oh, I suppose I could have glued it open like you did, but it might not have fit in my display cabinet if I had!
what a stunning project...color is awesome!