Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

2 Decal sheets, no idea from what or who ?!

2 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    April, 2017
2 Decal sheets, no idea from what or who ?!
Posted by Scale Ted II on Friday, January 12, 2018 9:31 AM

Don't know where to ask this queation !

I've posted here a long time ago about decal sheets, got some respoces !

I've got these 2 sheets.

One has those red circles and wavey things, no markings of any kind !

The other says RUBBER POWERED, no. 22 Another TRIM-FILM Product.

Any ideas were or what these shhets are all about ?


  • Member since
    January, 2005
  • From: Canberra, Australia
Posted by aussiemuscle308 on Friday, January 12, 2018 9:10 PM

no idea, but TrimFilm marking may mean it is the aftermarket brand for trains and might narrow it down

They look pretty old, so if you wanted to use them you'd probably have to reproduce them on the computer

My Flickr:

  • Member since
    September, 2017
Posted by Big Gary on Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:32 AM

Educated guess, but I'd say they are for a rubber band powered wooden airplane, probably a model of something Japanese.  The red circle on Japanese aircraft of WW2 was called a hinomaru.  If the airplane in question was something like a Zero,  this is a simple version of the marking for such a plane. 


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our privacy policy