- Member since
- From: Canton / Akron, Ohio
Civilian Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle CBP
Anyone interested in joining me on a "Civilian Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle" group build? Taking inspiration from World War Z, The Zombie Survival Guide, The Walking Dead, anything that inspires you!
The basic premise would be as follows: (I don't like calling them rules)
What Can Be Used?
- We're building in 1/25 or 1/24 scale.
- Any vehicle which a normal civilian would own or could readily obtain in the event of a zombie outbreak can be used.
- (I'm leaving this open because I know people could come up with some crazy stuff! I'd love to see a variety of vehicles ranging from cars & trucks to buses, bikes, semi-rigs, etc.)
REALISM (As much as possible given the subject matter)
- All vehicles should be modified in a fashion which an actual civilian could modify their own vehicle. (So no zombie killing death ray devices)
- Kit-bashing artillery pieces onto your base vehicle isn't something your neighbor could do so don't add it to your model.
- You CAN kit-bash weapons all you want, but make sure it's within the scope of conceivable realism.
- The build runs for 4 months starting TODAY (October 1st 2012) until February 1st 2013.
- Try to post a picture updating us at least once every week or two if you can.
- Figures are NOT required but some walkers sure couldn't hurt.
To give you an idea I'll share what I'm planning ('m going to try and finish two kits):
- 1) A very "soccer-mom" Ford Focus hatchback (with the hatch opened). Scratch built "weapons" and supplies populating the back of the car. Zombie kill bars protecting the front of the car. "Steel fencing" over the windows, Etc.
- 2) A Ford F-150 (or maybe a Cadillac Escalade XLT) towing a trailor loaded with supplies including a dirt bike and fuel drums. Anti-zombie cage over the bed of the truck, and a heavily modified plow on the front with spikes on it.